Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pray for one another

ANDREW AND ANNA LOPEZ, AJ AND DEBBIE
This past Saturday my brother-in-law Andrew's father passed away. I never met Andrew's father, but from all of the testimonies I have heard about him, he was an amazing Christian man.... a Mexican indian who was reached decades earlier with the Gospel by a missionary family. This man was in 80's and had more than 500 people attend his funeral on Sunday! Please pray for Andrew, Anna (my husband's sister) and Andrew's mother who is now a widow.

TONY AND DAWN HESS, MARC, JOSHUA, CALEB, AND ANNA

I'd also like to ask you to pray for Dawn Hess. The Hess family are missionaries here who work together with us in Simferopol Baptist Church. They are a family who is sincerely dedicated to the cause of Christ, and we are privileged to work along-side them in the ministry. I had planned to introduce them here on my blog in the near future, but I am doing it earlier than I planned because they need your prayers right now. Dawn's father passed away on Sunday, and yesterday she flew back to America with her two oldest sons, Marc and Joshua, to attend the two different funerals that will be taking place over the next week. Dawn has been requesting prayer in church for her father's salvation for many, many months now, but as far as we know, he never accepted Christ as his Savior. I know this time is especially difficult for them, with their family now separated on two different continents as well as the emotional turmoil of her father's uncertain eternal destination.

Please take a moment to stop what you are doing and lift these families' names to our Heavenly Father, the only One who can truly comfort us in our times of sorrow. I appreciate your prayers for us, but now I ask that your prayers extend beyond our needs, to the needs of our extended family and friends.

I get oodles of comments sent to my personal e-mail address, but I'd like to ask that you comment right here on my blog this time. Both of these families faithfully read my blog, so I would love it if they could see your encouraging words right on here.

Thank you, my dear friends and prayer partners!

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, I will be praying for you during this very difficult time. I pray Eph 3:14-21 for you and your family as you feel this loss. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss. We will be praying for your families. Jn. 14:1

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family during this time - I know that God will keep you strong and comfort your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25