Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Jerusalem!

We left Simferopol, Ukraine this afternoon. We had a short layover in Istanbul, Turkey, (where David and I enjoyed the thrill of sharing a Starbucks coffee!), and we are now in Jerusalem, Israel! After a LONG search for our hotel, we are finally in our rooms (it is after 11pm and we just got here!)

We have not seen much yet, so this post will be short. "Old Jerusalem" is not far from here, and that is where we will be spending the day tomorrow! I hope to share some amazing pictures with you soon... I will also be doing my best to learn as MUCH as can! I heard my youth director, Bro. Ross, say, "Once you've been to Israel you no longer read the Bible in black in white but in full color!"

Thank you for your prayers for us. I feel so blessed to be here and share this time with my sweet hubby...

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! We got to go a long time ago. I loved it! Looking forward to pictures. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a great time of year to go... it's not too hot or crowded!
    If you have a chance to attend a local church service you should go to First Bible Baptist Church on Salah Eddin & Asphahani St., in the Arab side of Jerusalem. We were members there and the people and preaching are great!
    Also, try not to miss a visit to The City of David, especially Hezekiah's Tunnel.... that was one of our favorite places but somewhere that a lot of tour groups tend to miss.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! You are so blessed to be able to see this tremendous place. I know you'll take lots of pictures and share them with us, so I can hardly wait. God bless both and keep you safe while there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband and i are in the ukraine also. please contact me when you get back. i volunteer at the orphanage here. would love to get in touch. blessings alisha
    helpmefindahome@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25