Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby orphanage "Yolochka" - smaller toys

Later in the week I will be blogging about our International Ladies' Day banquet which will be held tomorrow. However, for those who receive this in time, please be praying for the salvation of those who are unsaved that will be there.

I am specifically praying for Dr. Alla, the head ear-nose-throat doctor for children who took care of my Brianna nearly three years ago when her eardrum ruptured. Dr. Alla was very harsh with me (like most doctors here tend to be). I was going through a very emotional time anyway with my infant daughter,... but Dr. Alla made me cry! The Lord spoke to me, and showed me that I needed to (emotionally) step away from the situation and see Dr. Alla as a soul in need of Christ. I have since formed a friendship with her, and, even though she would never attend our church because of her deep Orthodox religion, she will come to the "extras" our church holds. At last year's Ladies' Banquet, she had worked the entire night before, ran home to shower, then came to our big event. Talk about really wanting to be there! She has promised to come again this year, and I am earnestly praying that will be saved. I know that every salvation is a miracle, but, to me, her salvation would be a HUGE miracle!

Now, I will continue on with our tour of the baby orphanage. Here are some pictures of the smaller toys I saw. Some of these things are homemade and just, oh, so creative!
Playdough creations in the next couple of pictures (that the little ones, of course, had help with!):







Rejoice in the Lord alway, and again I say rejoice. Philippians 4:4

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving these posts! The orphanage is so different than what I had pictured. It looks to me like they are doing the best they can with what they have.

    One thing I noticed in the bathroom posts is that I didn't see any toothbrushes. Is this maybe because these were infant bathrooms, or do the children not have any? Just thinking of ways that I might be able to help if that is a need they have. I know a lot of the children that are adopted from Ukraine come home with very bad teeth. Victoria had to have 5 cavities filled and she did have a toothbrush, so hers was one of the better cases I had heard. In her orphanage they had little cups on top of the hooks where they hung their towels that had each child's toothbrush in it.

    Thank you again for the work you are doing! I am praying for your Ladies' Day and for Dr. Alla.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime!

    You're right... I didn't see any toothbrushes either. I wonder if they were given toothbrushes, toothpaste, and little cups for each child if they would use them? I sure would hope so. If you would like for me to, I can check into this. Thanks for being observant! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25