Friday, July 22, 2011

My favorite picture

We just finished our second week of summer VBS.  It has been a long, hot, yet fulfilling week.  As I have been looking over the pictures I took, this one (above) has made me smile over and over again.  We met in a public park and had some grandmas join our group of kids.  And, yes, these grandmas even received candy for answering some questions from the Bible story correctly!

If I could choose only 5 pictures to show you that depict Ukrainian life, this would definitely be amongst those top 5... possibly even the top three.  Ukrainian grandmas like the ones pictured above are such a part of life here.  You see them everywhere you go.  They are the matriarchs of society here.  In this picture you can see them carrying out their favorite past time.... discussing.  And in this particular picture they are discussing today's lesson of Zacchaeus!

17 comments:

  1. This picture reminds me of our trip to Ukraine and all of the grandmas who greeted us when we first arrived at the camp. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I love this, it reminds me of my own grandmother, and great grandmother. They were from Czechoslovakia. Love you, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I just LOVE it! And my favorite part is that they were discussing the story of Zacchaeus!

    Sarah just called...they are nearing the end of their VBS, and they have had a great week. She said the devil fought hard, but there have been 17 children saved. Isn't that wonderful?!

    Thank you for sharing your favorite picture. It's a keeper for sure!!!

    Hugs from...
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE this picture. I could look at it over and over...not sure why. I guess it just makes me smile too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could take the same picture here! We have them too (babyshkas). Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for the aged women of Titus 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great picture! it's like it should be framed on a wall somewhere. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly a fantastic picture! I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this photo, it looks like someone took it in one of the parks in Croatia. I added your blog to my reader, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this photo on FB and loved it, too! Love that they participated and earned some candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way, wasn't it quite warm that day? Love the sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful picture of culture! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love the picture at the top of your blog!!! You always inspire me to be more creative. Keep up the good work. - Tinyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25