Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday Alarm

Do you use an alarm?  I used to... that is, until I had children.  Now, I don't have to worry about sleeping in too late... They take care of that!

Today I'd like to tell you about a different alarm.... a BIRTHDAY ALARM!  This "alarm" is what helps me keep track of all important birthdays I don't want to forget.... family, friends, and church members.

It's easy-peasy.... just go to this Birthday Alarm link and set up a free account with them. I chose to add my birthday reminders manually (you'll have to do some searching for this option, but it is there). Then you'll get an e-mail reminder one week before a birthday (perfect amount of time to think of a gift, card, etc...) and then again one day before (perfect for those you plan to e-mail to congratulate). This system has worked out perfectly for me for the last several years.... no more calenders or papers to keep up with and re-write from year to year.

And, speaking of birthdays, we've celebrated three of them in our family this summer.... Davey turned 9 in May, Nate turned 7 in July, and hubby turned {older} in July also! 


Do you remember sweet Alina?  (Her story can be found here). I know that many of you are her prayer warriors, and if you are still praying for her faithfully, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!  And, do you remember that Nate and Alina share a birthday?  So, it is now our yearly tradition for them to celebrate part of their day together.

Hubby also had a big birthday bash to which he invited our married couples from our church out to our house.  We had about 20 people here and had a terrific day with them!  But, I'll save those pictures for another time...

Until then, go set your "alarms"!  You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us. I had never hear of it, but will check it out. Also, Yay for you on your car! Looks similar to what we drive! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nate's cute toothless smile! Give him a big hug from me!

    --Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25